[Ambassadors] Small Fedora 12 Install Fest By VGLUG At Ahmedabad.

Wed Dec 9 00:05:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 8:17 PM, ElectroMech
<electromech at electromech.info> wrote:

> We have telephone no. of all visitors so can contact the participants. But
> yet not planned.
>
> The good things is 2-3 organization contacted us for further Open source
> seminar and workshop.
>
> That what I can say good out come of the fest.

One beautiful thing about an installation fest it that it gets the
participants talking with each other and, the coach who is leading the
fest. This does provide windows of opportunity to slip in messages
pertaining to The Fedora Project as well as pointing out areas of "how
to join" to interested participants. I feel that it is important to
ensure that the folks who did show any interest in how to
join/participate/contribute be asked on to a forum and, appropriately
coached so as to encourage and motivate them.

The above wasn't specifically aimed at the VGLUG install fest but a
general observation which can be useful for a larger audience of this
list.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>