[Ambassadors] Manual for new ambassadors

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Fri Dec 11 15:11:38 UTC 2009

On 11/12/09 14:45, María Leandro wrote:
> [...]
> to join a team and keep working.
>
> If we do an "ambassadors handbook" there should be also a "new
> contributors handbook". We must remember than being an ambassadors
> should be something that you do after help in some teams. I'm a person
> who believe that an ambassador must not only do events, because if
> they want to encourage people to contribute, they should be an example.
>
> So, wouldn't be better so start with a compendium of this:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/join-fedora
>
> Maybe add to this page some more content or at least a small
> description, take as reference this one:
>
> http://proyectofedora.org/wiki/Participa
>
> We already have info pages, but maybe we only need to improve them.
>
> bye! :D
>

> 2009/12/11 Tristan Santore <tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
> <mailto:tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net>>
>
>     On 11/12/09 14:33, sankarshan wrote:
>
>         On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 6:28 PM, Leonardo Menezes Vaz
>         <leonardo.vaz at gmail.com <mailto:leonardo.vaz at gmail.com>>  wrote:
>

>             I am kinda new here and yesterday I was asking Rodrigo
>             Padula for some
>             document/url explaining how the project works, specific
>             areas, people
>             involved, contacts etc so that I could have an idea how
>             things works
>             and where I could be useful. He told all areas are well
>             documented at
>             the wike, but he said he couldn't point a single location
>             (or a toc)
>             for all this information.
>
>             Since I am new here and I want to understand how things
>             work I propose
>             we could organize a simple guide for new ambassadors - if
>             it's not
>             available yet. ;)
>
>         Interesting question. Even though there is no "New Ambassador
>         Orientation Handbook", the wiki does a good job of providing
>         start-off
>         points at<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Project_Wiki>.
>         On the
>         other hand, there is this small personal project of mine which is
>         lying dormat - details at
>         <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sankarshan/FedoraHandbook>  which
>         is perhaps along the lines of what you ask. It needs more work and
>         help.
>

>     Although principally not a bad idea to have a handbook, it is
>     easier to maintain/set up a guide on the wiki, than by writing an
>     actual handbook. So, I would suggest keeping it on the wiki itself.
>
>     Regards,
>     Tristan
>
>     --
>     Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
>     TS4523-RIPE
>     Network and Infrastructure Operations
>     InterNexusConnect
>     Mobile +44-78-55069812
>     Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net
>     <mailto:Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net>
>
>     Thawte Notary
>
>     For Fedora related issues, please email me at:

Just to clarify something here, although I agree with Maria with regards
to the "being involved elsewhere" idea, one of the most important things
as ambassadors is to know your stuff, with regards to the Fedora as an
OS (how to use it) and what we stand for.

Also, I would like to point out, that if you all had read the Join
Ambassadors Page, that there is more information there, as to what we
expect of you as ambassadors. So many points should be covered there!

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Join

As to the point of maybe expanding or clarifying points, I am sure that
can be done. Just keep up the noise in the mailing list, and we will
make amendments.

Regards,
Tristan

Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net