[Ambassadors] Manual for new ambassadors

Guillermo Gómez guillermo.gomez at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 19:41:02 UTC 2009

El 11/12/09 13:07, sankarshan escribió:

>>> Guillermo Gomes from Venezuela, Juan M.(Mexico), Matias
>>> Maceira(Argentina) and many guys from Brazil are creating a tech group
>>> in Latam (RPMDEV) to create documentation and learn/teach about
>>> Packaging. The idea is to create a strong packaging group in Latam. By
>>> now we have ~10 packagers from Brazil and that number are very small
>>> compared with the number of ambassadors in Latam.
>
> The above is a nice start. Having such focus groups around other parts
> of the Project like Websites, Infrastructure, Artwork would go a long
> way in letting potential contributors feel that "yes ! I too can do
> something". Creating videos from the sessions would help make things
> easy too. However, the trick is to push the contributors upstream into
> Fedora as a whole. It is always a good thing to start small and local
> with mentors-at-hand, but once there is a level of confidence, going
> on to the big stage helps things a lot.

Probably the main motive of this project is "to focus" on building
non-marketing focused groups but devel/packaging oriented in latam region.

We will be announcing this year a complete project management tool with
a devel cycle version named after Fedora 13 hoping we can recruit and
prepare developers and packagers planning contributing upstream in sync
with F13 release.

The whole idea of the project is to help latam enthusiasts to join
Fedora developers and packagers global comunity (we are not looking to
create an outsider repo or alike, rpmfusion will be a second option for
packagers).

Documentation will be of course start with partial or total translations
about rpm/packaging in our infrastructure. We will also try to help
specific language programmers to meet and share experiences programming
in fedora (mainly).

Guillermo