[Ambassadors] During some of my review of the Fedora 12 "Constantine, " Fedora 12 Talking Points. :)

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 00:43:55 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Tristan Santore wrote:
> And last not least, are we forgetting the goals here ? Talking points, is
> not the documentation for the Fedora ISO media, if FEL were mentioned there,
> I could understand objections, however, I would not see a problem in seeing
> a docs item just on FEL, if people are willing to work on it. If spins were
> commercially sold, I would object to them being anywhere near the sites,
> however I do not know of one and FEL most certainly is not sold either!
> Talking points is for our users!

We are not talking about _documentation_ here, but simply 2/3 lines
which describe what a SIG has done briefly during the F-12 development
cycle and which is user oriented. Here it's the case for FEL. Tomorrow
it might be for another spin/SIG.

The detailed changes are explained here :
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/papers/FEL12ReleaseNotes.pdf

What concerns me is that key active fedora contributors do not
understand the purpose of the wiki page they are editing.

Look around you, people(users) are interested in smaller hardware :
iphone, ipod, openmoko, maemo,... We have seen quite a few blog posts
on fedora planet.

We(fedora) are the only one providing a proper set of toolchain for
openmoko hardware development. I don't understand how this can't be of
a marketing value for Fedora since the work has already been done ?

Chitlesh