[Ambassadors] Fedora case badges for the WHOLE WORLD

Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan szaman at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 3 00:23:49 UTC 2009

Nice!

I will ask from Harish Pillay for few hundred units.

But if the cost of producing it at 5000 units would be much cheaper than
creating it per region, I would like to suggest why don't we produce it at
one location, and mass ship it to regional Red Hat offices. Then this
offices will redistribute to Ambassadors for that region.

That should cut the cost of shipping significantly, instead of shipping it
to individual Ambassador.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In the Fedora Ambassadors NA meeting tonight, we were talking about
> producing more case badges, which look like this:
>
>        http://myweb.cableone.net/dthomas/fedora/fcasebadges.jpg
>
> They are beautiful (IMHO) and the picture doesn't do it justice.  What
> looks gray in the picture is really silver, and quite shiny.
>
> Due to the price points around producing these, it would make the most
> sense to produce a HUGE amount of badges (5,000 or more even) and shipping
> them to key folks around the world.
>
>  From a budget point of view, we'd simply share the cost across regions,
>>
> when we do the Q4 budget calculations.
>
> An example of the budget calculations in previous quarters:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Community_Architecture_expenses
>
> So, I guess the question is -- do folks in EMEA, LATAM, India, and Asia
> have use for some of these?  Should we go ahead with this plan?
>
> Thanks,
> Max

Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan