Re: [Ambassadors] Manual for new ambassadors

On 11/12/09 14:33, sankarshan wrote:
On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 6:28 PM, Leonardo Menezes Vaz
<leonardo vaz gmail com>  wrote:

I am kinda new here and yesterday I was asking Rodrigo Padula for some
document/url explaining how the project works, specific areas, people
involved, contacts etc so that I could have an idea how things works
and where I could be useful. He told all areas are well documented at
the wike, but he said he couldn't point a single location (or a toc)
for all this information.

Since I am new here and I want to understand how things work I propose
we could organize a simple guide for new ambassadors - if it's not
available yet. ;)
Interesting question. Even though there is no "New Ambassador
Orientation Handbook", the wiki does a good job of providing start-off
points at<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Project_Wiki>. On the
other hand, there is this small personal project of mine which is
lying dormat - details at
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sankarshan/FedoraHandbook>  which
is perhaps along the lines of what you ask. It needs more work and
help.

Although principally not a bad idea to have a handbook, it is easier to maintain/set up a guide on the wiki, than by writing an actual handbook. So, I would suggest keeping it on the wiki itself.

Regards,
Tristan

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS