[Ambassadors] The 4f-problematic of Fedora.

Josephine Tannhäuser josephine.tannhauser at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 18 08:25:48 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have some problems with the definitions of the 4f's.

friends - this is a clear thing , we are all friends, the world is
pink and there are no conflicts (until proven otherwise)

features - is a clear thing to, fedora is a distribution huge amount
of features (perhaps not enough features ;-) we need more).

first - there is my first problem. This is like a racing duel with
other distributions. We can not win on all sectors. This is more a
destination, our goal.... We WANT to be the first, but we are not
always the first.

freedom - This one is my biggest problem. What's the definition of freedom?
The definition of freedom, which was definied by the FSF, formed the
understanding of freedom in the whole world. And the FSF (Richard
Stallman himself) said, that fedora is not free. So what's the current
understanding of freedom in the fedoraproject?
I haven't found arguments to discuss with someone about it.

--
Josephine "Fine" Tannhäuser
2.6.31.5-127.fc12.i686.PAE