Re: [Ambassadors] The 4f-problematic of Fedora.

On 12/18/2009 11:21 AM, Josephine Tannhäuser wrote:
> 2009/12/18, sankarshan <foss mailinglists gmail com>:
>
>> Did you have the problems after going through
>> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundations> ?
>>
> I read this before!
>
> 2009/12/18, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) <bochecha fedoraproject org>:
>
>> IIRC, the problem with the FSF was about the Fedora trademark and logo
>> that are not free.
>>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FreeSoftwareAnalysis/FSF
> no we ship firmware binaries in the kernel package!

indeed, but IMHO what said FSF is not the bible. ;-)

IMHO the firmware binaries are required to have a usable machine (and
cover as much as possible the various configuration, hardware
combinations).

In fedora all the software shipped by the official repositories is free
software.

Bye
Luca