[Ambassadors] The 4f-problematic of Fedora.

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 18 10:27:56 UTC 2009

> 2009/12/18, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) <bochecha at fedoraproject.org>:
>> IIRC, the problem with the FSF was about the Fedora trademark and logo
>> that are not free.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FreeSoftwareAnalysis/FSF
> no we ship firmware binaries in the kernel package!

I thought this had changed with Fedora 10, when we split those binary
firmwares to the kernel-firmware package. Of course, it is installed
by default, but at least now you can remove it. And that's a first
step towards eliminating them all together.

Anyway, that doesn't change my main point: we don't necessarily
succeed in fulfilling those 4 foundations. They are nevertheless our
foundations, what we believe in, and what we try to achieve.

Best regards,