[Ambassadors] During some of my review of the Fedora 12 "Constantine, " Fedora 12 Talking Points. :)

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 09:22:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 6:31 AM, David Ramsey < > wrote:
> There is some entry for Fedora Electronic Lab, eh?  I do not understand this for my presentation.
>
> I am very confused about what Fedora Electronic Lab has to do with the Fedora 12 Talking Points.  I did not see anything about this in Fedora 12 Features.  Does someone have any idea about this?
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_Talking_Points#Fedora_Electronic_Lab

> Get to know FEL-12's talking points in 3 minutes.

Hello there,

Actually, in this FEL paragraph, there was a link to

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraElectronicLab/TalkingPoints

It will give you quick information what is fedora electronic lab:
* release notes
* flyer.

There is everything you need to introduce FEL's in one or two slides
in your presentation.

The reason why its features were not among F-12 feature list is that
all the tools have undergone improvements for interoperability and
electronic design specific features. These features are too technical
(mathematical formulas..., power estimation, physical library
characterisation,..) and meaningless for someone who does not know
microelectronics. Hence we have the 26 pages release notes
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/papers/FEL12ReleaseNotes.pdf

That said it is impossible to strip it down to one-page as we provide
numerous design flows rather than point software.

If you have any other question about FEL, we have a mailing list.
Please feel free to ask us questions. We will be happy to answer them.

We have some presentations on
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/fel/#publications

website: http://spins.fedoraproject.org/fel/

cheers,