[Ambassadors] During some of my review of the Fedora 12 "Constantine, " Fedora 12 Talking Points. :)

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 06:37:46 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 2:14 AM, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:
> The goal is to balance the content to the level that press and end users
> won't be overwhelmed by a long list of features. It is for new features
> in Fedora 12 that appeals to a *broad* audience.  FEL changes don't fit
> into that.

Tell me how the following appeals to a *broad* audience as you said
# 2 For administrators
    * 2.1 libguestfs
    * 2.2 Virtualization improvements
# 3 For developers
    * 3.1 SystemTap Eclipse integration and tracing improvements
    * 3.2 NetBeans 6.7.1

compared to this :

------
Fedora's high-end hardware design and simulation platform,
[http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/ Fedora Electronic Lab] was
reinforced with PLA tools for digital design flow, a Peer Review
Web-based solution for small businesses, simulators for 8081 and 8085
microcontrollers, development tools for Openmoko development and power
charged Eclipse 3.5 with plugins for HDL/IP development.

Read [http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/papers/FEL12ReleaseNotes.pdf
Release Notes] and
[http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/papers/fel-flyer-f12.pdf Flyer] for
complementary information.

{{admon/tip|FEL-12 mini tour|Get to know FEL-12's
[https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraElectronicLab/TalkingPoints
talking points] in 3 minutes. }}
-----

It's perfectly clear that if this content gets stripped so should #2
For administrators and # 3 For developers.

Originally, David was looking for F-12 contents for his presentation
but didn't know what/how to put in his presentation. This is exactly
what people are expecting from the
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_Talking_Points. Having a
separate page elsewhere defeats the purpose of
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_Talking_Points. That FEL
paragraph was also meant for marketing purposes.

Till now, none of your reasons explains the removal objectively.

Chitlesh