[Ambassadors] Upcoming deadlines

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 18:04:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 7:06 PM, David Nalley <david at gnsa.us> wrote:
> Thanks to Matt Domsch's excellent post I thought I'd bring up some
> important dates for some of the conferences that are quickly
> approaching.
> See Matt's post for more detail: http://domsch.com/blog/?p=30
>
> # Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit, April 8-10 in San Francisco,
> CA.  Proposals due Feb 15.
> # Linux Symposium, July 13-17  in Montreal, Canada.  Call for Papers due Feb 28.
> # OSCON, July 20-24 in San Jose, California.  Call for Participation due Feb 3.
> # OpenSourceWorld (formerly LinuxWorldExpo), August 10-13 in San
> Francisco, CA.  Call for Papers due Feb 20.
>
> This month there are four conferences whose CFP ends. The closest one
> ends tomorrow.
> PLEASE, if you are interested in presenting a topic, please propose it
> to these groups. Even if you are worried about the financial ability
> to go, please propose something and we'll help you. I'd far rather
> spend a little money and have an Ambassador presenting and showing off
> some of the good things going on in Fedora than have us either not
> show up or just show up with a booth
> Your material doesn't even have to be original - I just saw a
> presentation on Fedora Planet from Michael DeHaan that I plan on using
> in two weeks. There are scores of such presentations out there.
> Precious few of us are what you would call eloquent speakers, but for
> the most part Fedora excites us, so please share the excitement with
> others and pitch a talk.

I've submitted Fedora Remix to OSCON for now.  I'll be looking at the
others soon, but I think we should get a few more people involved and
have a presenter at each.

Also, to build upon David's point regarding originality, most talks
from Fedora a licensed freely (usually CC-BY-SA) and to that point,
I've been using Paul Frields 'Fedora Remix' slides.  He's got them up
on his fedorapeople.org page.   I guess we should get him to put it on
the Presentations page[1]

Cheers,

Clint

1 - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Presentations