[Ambassadors] what can I do in Iran?

Francesco Ugolini francesco at ephisia.org
Thu Feb 19 16:08:42 UTC 2009

2009/2/18 Mostafa Daneshvar <mostafa.daneshvar at gmail.com>:

> Hello;
>  I newly joined this group. I am From Iran. I think my case is very
> special because I'm from an embargoed destination (Iran). Regarding
> these restrictions, could you tell me what kind of tasks can I do?
> I have some plans for Fedora in Iran. I'm waiting for your helps and
> comments.
>

>  Mostafa Daneshvar
> http://mostafadaneshvar.com

I'm not a lawyer, doing a search in the wiki I see a written
limitation in the Export Policy
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Export).

Here what it states:

 | Fedora's software and/or technical data may NOT be
exported/reexported, either directly or indirectly, to the following
U.S.
 | embargoed or restricted destinations:
 |
 | Cuba, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Sudan or Syria.
 |
 | Please note: this list is subject to change.

I don't know what "technical data" means in legalese, but it could be
interesting, as David suggested, to have a better clarification on
this issue.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini