[Ambassadors] inactive ambassadors, a proposed solution

Francesco Ugolini francesco at ephisia.org
Thu Feb 19 18:32:42 UTC 2009

I think we should start considering what Activity means, as Max
clearly underline, in one of the best definition we should have:

> An active ambassador is someone who:
>
> 1) Has joined the group in FAS.
> 2) Reads and/or posts on fedora-ambassadors-list.
> 3) Has a useful, up-to-date personal page on the Fedora wiki.
>
> And does one or more of:
>
> * Attends or organizes an event once in a release cycle.
> * Maintains a blog on Planet Fedora, with about one post per month.
> * Participates on fedora-list or fedoraforum.org to help people w/ questions.
> * Indicates their willingness to mentor and guide new contributors or new users.

Ok, except for exceptional cases (someone who leaves in a
country/province/region without a stable internet connection), those
criteria give the definition of Active Ambassador.

I think we should agree with those criteria.

For the other side of the proposal, I want to ask people who are
sceptic about this approach to give a try to the proposed solution.
I'm sure this proposal is a really a straightforward one. Let me know.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini