RES: [Ambassadors] inactive ambassadors, a proposed solution

Sudheer sudheer.s at binaryvibes.co.in
Fri Feb 20 05:12:38 UTC 2009

Kevin Higgins wrote:
> >HOW DO WE IDENTIFY ACTIVE AMBASSADORS?
>
> >We come up with a policy that is simple, and fair.
>
> >An active ambassador is someone who:
>
> >1) Has joined the group in FAS.
> >2) Reads and/or posts on fedora-ambassadors-list.
> >3) Has a useful, up-to-date personal page on the Fedora wiki.
>
> >And does one or more of:
>
> >* Attends or organizes an event once in a release cycle.
Like other people have noted, there are numerous ways to contribute to
the Fedora project. I have helped more than 100 people in my city to
obtain the Fedora image. I just burn the Fedora image to the DVD media
they bring. Initially, I was updating each media burn on the Wiki.
Nowadays, I have stopped updating the Wiki. But I do help people obtain
Fedora media. I even help lot of people with Fedora related technical
issues. I run my own blog and forum site where I write about Fedora too
and answer questions about Fedora.
> >* Maintains a blog on Planet Fedora, with about one post per month.
With a little effort, maybe I can enlist myself in the planet.
> >* Participates on fedora-list or fedoraforum.org
> <http://fedoraforum.org/> to help people w/questions.
How about IRC and other Forums?

--

With warm regards,