[Ambassadors] Re: inactive ambassadors, a proposed solution

Shambo Bose shambo.linux at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 05:49:00 UTC 2009

2009/2/21 David Ramsey <diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com>

>  Hello Everyone,
>
> Greetings.  :)
>
> I appreciate reading everyone's post.  I concur with John's proposal.  :)
>
> > I propose we do the following now.
> >
> > (1) Stop further discussion of putting labels of active and inactive
> > on ambassadors. We are all Fedora ambassadors, let's leave it at that.
>
> Sounds like a plan to me.
>
> > (2) Work with FAmSCo to solve the actual problem that began this
> > discussion and create an effective way for our community to contact
> > ambassadors and for the non-Fedora community to contact us. This can
> > be done without creating any new bureaucracy that burdens Fedora
> > ambassadors. Several reasonable suggestions that accomplish this have
> > already been offered for consideration.
>
> True.
>
> > Let's take a collective deep breath.
>
> +1
>
> Please have a good day and an enjoyable weekend!  :~)
>
> Thank You
> Sincerely
> =-=-=-=-=
> - David -
> =-=-=-=-=
>
> > Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 23:00:39 -0600
> > Subject: Re: [Ambassadors] Re: inactive ambassadors, a proposed solution
> > From: inode0 at gmail.com
> > To: fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Johan Hasan <johanhsn at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Just want to say hi and let you know, that I am still exist :)
> >
> > Hi Johan,
> >
> > I could not be more proud to be your fellow Fedora ambassador and hope
> > while you are visiting here I might get the chance to meet you in
> > person one day.
> >
> > Your story and the stories of others in this thread remind me of what
> > bonds us together and that we should take the greatest care to not
> > break those bonds over something trivial.
> >
> > We participate spreading the message of Fedora in small and large
> > ways, in small and large communities, and with small and large
> > effects. Losing one Johan or one Gordon or one Emilio by continuing
> > down this path is a price that is too high to pay. We need to trust
> > each other as ambassadors to do what is right, promote Fedora as best
> > we can, in the ways we can, at the times we can.
> >
> > > I have given lecturer in Introduction in IT using Fedora for my
> students.
> > > The lecturing delivered using project based learning besides
> instructional.
> > > In 20th December 2008, I was introducing Fedora 10 and workshop to a
> small
> > > society in Surabaya, freely. But the participants for Fedora workshop
> aren't
> > > really much, just about 15 person. Maybe because the time was too tight
> and
> > > I didn't do a marketing very well. I also copy Fedora-10 for 1000
> pieces
> > > with my own money for giving to others freely. A half of them were
> supported
> [...]
+1
But I think some kind of reporting should be done. I am telling this though
I don't get enough time to update wiki , attend meetings myself but from the
point of view of Fedora we should consider the scenario too. May be we are
working silently and are active but how come other ambassadors will know
that ? We should at least report our activities once a week, if not possible
every fortnight in the wiki or to this mailing list or to other ambassador
in our region.
I am going to follow this from now on rather I should.

Regards ,

Shambo Bose