[Ambassadors] Event effects [Re: Outage Notification - Koji, plague 2009-02-21 15:00 UTC]

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 08:03:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 19:41 -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:

> I saw this Koji outage affect us at the SCaLE booth just once this
> weekend, but I don't know how many more there might have been.  Do we
> want to ask Infrastructure to consider the events schedule when
> planning outages?  Not as a trump card, just a consideration.

I think ambassadors are well within their right to bring up such events
when outages are being planned.  It would take somebody peeking in on
the infrastructure meetings or reviewing the meeting logs to see when
one is being discussed.

In this particular case I don't think it would have changed the timing
of the outage, which was mandatory to complete Fedora 11 feature work.
However participants in the show would know ahead of time and expect the
outage.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!