[Ambassadors] FAmNA Meeting Summary from 2009-02-03

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 18:20:35 UTC 2009

* Announcements

   - herlo asks that we volunteer to suggest topics for upcoming sessions

     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/IRC/Classroom

   - lcafiero announces Birds of a Feather added to FAD-SCaLE

* XO Developer Program

   - ke4qqq reports that after initial discussions at FUDcon about using
     the ambassador program to help the XO developer program get XOs into
     the hands of developers the OLPC project has shipped 100 XOs to us
     which should arrive in a week or so. Further discussion of this item
     moved into the Open Floor section of the program.

* Fedora Infrastructure

   - Mike McGrath joined the meeting to introduce us to the Fedora
     Infrastructure project.

   - Discussion covered a lot of ground. What work is the group involved
     with? What is the process to get new contributors involved? What skills
     are in high demand? How is the team organized? How does one get sponsored?
     What are all these FIGs? Is there a place for less skilled entry level
     contributors? Who contributes from a corporate/academic angle? And more

   - All ambassadors interested in learning more about the infrastructure team
     are encouraged to read the minutes for the complete discussion.

* Montreal Linux Symposium [http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2009/cfp.php]

   - djf_jeff reports that he can now take ownership of the Fedora
     presence at MLS this year! We'll work with djf_jeff to help get
     the details coordinated with the MLS people and get whatever is
     needed sent up north.

* FAD -- SCaLE and beyond
  [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Activity_Day_at_SCaLE_7x]

   - the_real_lcafier updates us on the planning for SCaLE and its FAD,
     things are moving forward nicely.

   - jsmidt updates us on the planning for LUCI

     http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LUCI

   - quaid discusses some ideas about arranging remote participation at
     the FAD, met with hearty cheers.

* Budget Review [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA/Budget]

   - Reminder to keep updating the budget with needs and expenses

   - Start thinking about and filling in a Q1 budget

* Tasks [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA/Tasks]

   - No report

* Open Floor

   - ke4qqq resumed discussion of the XO developer program. We need to
     get these moved out of our hands and into the hands of developers
     and be able to followup to show that good stuff is happening. Lots
     of enthusiastic volunteers to help.

   - Next meeting is in 2 weeks on February 17th and we'll set our schedule
     for the following quarter then.

I would again like to thank all the participants, especially the new
ambassadors joining us for the first time tonight. And a special thanks
to Mike McGrath for taking the time to meet with ambassadors so they can
better understand one critical area within the Fedora Project.