[Ambassadors] a fedora feature criticized

Diego Escobar dezone24 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 13:23:26 UTC 2009

I agree with you.

But, you should keep in mind this is a Alpha version. According to the
feature list for Fedora 11, 20 second start up has only 10% completed, which
is so far from an stable and reliable feature.

Maybe, in the beta release we can say if it really works. By the way, thanks
for testing, this is the idea.

Regards!

2009/2/6 gopal das <mr.gopal.das at gmail.com>

> Hi,
> After seeing all the features of Fedora11 Alpha, everything appeared really
> impressive and nice except the one feature which may not bring a good
> future.
> *Feature "*20 second startup": Perhaps nobody will unhappy if a system
> starts up within 1 minuet when various services and scripts has been started
> correctly, attached new hardware detection is ok, other crucial job such as
> successfully scanning the whole file systems with huge data on it,
> successfully starts virtualization platform etc. But Surely everybody will
> annoyed when a system starts up within 20 second where without one of the
> said crucial jobs. In this regard myself and some of my close friends have
> experienced a start up problem (within 7 days I will confirm this is a bug
> or not) during testing the Fedora 10 final on both i386 and 64 platform. So
> I am eagerly want to ask that whether a server operating system really needs
> to up within 20 second?
>
> Cheers
> Gopal Das
> Fedora India Ambassador

Diego Escobar
Fedora Ambassador for Colombia
Fedora Release 10 (Cambridge): Linux Kernel 2.6.27 + KDE 4.2