[Ambassadors] Planet Fedora

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 14:48:00 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 03:23:35PM +0100, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
> 2009/2/9 Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) <bochecha at fedoraproject.org>:
> >> You will be amazed at how much good information is on Planet Fedora. Please,
> >> please, please read it every day if you can!
> >
> > Obviously, we can't read it everyday. And even if we did, sometimes
> > there are so much articles in one day that you must read it several
> > times a day if you want to miss no article.
> >
> > IMHO, it is still lacking a way to see more than one page of articles,
> > being able to browse back throught articles you may have missed.
>
> Use an RSS reader?

Precisely.  Here's something that *all* Ambassadors should do -- use
your favorite RSS reader, be it Liferea, Blam, the evolution-rss
plugin, aKgregator, or even a Web-based reader like Google Reader.

Add a subscription to one of these URLs:

http://planet.fedoraproject.org/rss20.xml
http://planet.fedoraproject.org/atom.xml

You don't absolutely need to read it every day, but you should try to
catch up at least every couple of days.  Reading the feed on the Web
page "planet.fedoraproject.org" is definitely non-optimal because the
feed moves too fast.  You'll find out a LOT more about the project and
what's going on by reading this feed.  And as others have noted, it
should probably be a requirement for Ambassadors to know what's going
on in the community, especially since many Ambassadors post on the
planet!

If you have problems making a reader work, remember that you can stop
by #fedora-ambassadors on IRC Freenode for help.  Your fellow
community members and Ambassadors will be glad to assist you!