[Ambassadors] Reminder: Mentor Meeting Tomorrow (and agenda)

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 01:39:09 UTC 2009

I meant to send this to the ambassadors list.  if you are currently an
ambassador and interested in helping mentor new contributors, please
join us.

Hi all,

I'm sorry it took me until this evening to get the Agenda out for
tomorrow's Mentors meeting.   The focus of tomorrow's meeting will be
on bringing back the Mentoring Project.  Some thoughts I had around
the mentoring project and things we should consider discussing.

This is a reminder for tomorrow's meeting at 16:00 UTC (That's 11am
ET, 5pm in Brussels)

I saw that we have a large list of mentors already listed on the
Mentors page.  I'd like to discuss the previous plan for mentors and
integrate as much positive from it into a new process.

Then, I'd like to discuss the following items:

1 - Working with leadership in each SIG / Sub-project to identify
direct contacts for new contributors
2 - Providing resources to new contributors to help them find their way
  * Identify possible SIGs/Sub-projects which the new contributor
might participate
  * Help them get a better understanding of the workflow in their chosen groups
3 - Each group has a slightly different join process, and we're here
to lower that barrier, not do the work for them.  What can we do to
make it easier to become a contributor.
4 - Statistics gathering
  * The conversion ratio from those who join the project to those who
contribute something (1 week, 1 month, 1 year, etc)

See you all tomorrow

Cheers,

Clint