[Famsco-list] Re: [Ambassadors] [Discussion] Reporting template for ambassadors.

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 15:35:05 UTC 2009

> To what end?? Are we going to kick out people who aren't performing up
> to some predefined amount of work??
> I find it awfully difficult to justify adding yet more overhead to
> people who are already working (and most likely quite busy)

Suppose, someone is not any more interested contributing, neither they
plan to do it again in future.

What we currently do is to keep their junk pages in the wiki.
People coming for help visits them, mails for help and get no reply.

Should not we ping our ambassadors periodically and ensure they are
still contributing or atleast interested in contributing? If someone
is contributing, fine. If someone is not available for sometime, let
him/her reply back that he/she will be unavailable for a specific
period of time.

Someone may be busy for a certain period of time, but that does not
mean he/she can not reply back his/her unavailability. If someone does
not reply in a month, it is for sure that he/she is not interested any
more.

What we can do is mail all the ambassadors asking if they are still
"alive", if someone does not reply in a couple of week, send him/her
another ping and even he/she does not reply in a month, remove
him/her.

My suggestion is not to kick out people, for a start, identify those
who are dead for Fedora and remove them.

--
Regards,
Susmit.

ssh