[Ambassadors] [Discussion] Reporting template for ambassadors.

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 15:48:20 UTC 2009

> I don't really like the idea of a points system for events.

Neither do I.

> I'm
> currently attending college at Sam Houston State University which is
> where I do majority of my ambassador work, trying to get my fellow
> computer science students involved, get faculty involved, even working
> towards getting the computer science department to fund some open
> source development and the work I do won't exactly rank very high on a
> points system because I'm not able to make it to thinks like fosdem
> and fudcon due to financial limitations.

How do you conclude that attending Events make contribution better
than what you do?
As an ambassador, I believe your work is great!!! My point is not
having category system in Ambassadors.

Point is to let the world know that ambassadors are reliable person,
one can atleast have a proper information or pointer to informations
from them.

If someone is unable to do even that, (replying to mails, pointing to
wiki or mailing lists)
it will be better not to have them as ambassador.
And this is just happening.

> I also agree with inode0 in a big way. I work full time, I'm a full
> time college student, I'm a fedora package maintainer, I'm a fedora
> ambassador, and outside that I try to have some interaction with the
> real world. Adding mandatory monthly reporting to my list in order to
> prove or disprove contributions that I have or have not done will
> honestly be discouraging and a big burden for my already lacking free
> time.

Monthly report was just a suggestion to get the conversation going. It
is not that I insist on that only. If we get some other way which
works, I am fine with that too..

--
Regards,
Susmit.