[Ambassadors] Details of installfest and how to reach KGEC...

Rangeen Basu sherry151 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 09:33:50 UTC 2009

We have made all necessary arrangements for the installfest and FAD. We will
even get required funds from TEQUIP (college has approved).
Date: 21st Feb '09
Time of Registration: 10:30 am
Time of Commencement: 11:00 Noon
Venue : Seminar Room. (all facility available).

We are also trying to get Labs for that will give a good us good Networking
and Internet. Bandwidth: upto 2MBPS. (Not confirmed)

We are doing intensive publicity. 100 participants are well expected.

The event will be well conducted.

How to Reach KGEC:
1. Durgapur:
           a) Intercity Express (7:20 AM in Durgapur, arrives Naihati at
10:00 AM. You will have to catch "Kalyani Simanta Local" - 10:22 AM from
platform 3 and Reach "Kalyani Ghosh Para" (20 min). There will be Richshaw
(Rs. 10-15) and VAN (Rs. 5) availiable from station to KGEC Campus).

            b) Train Route: Durgapur - Bardhaman - Bandel - Naihati -
Kalyani main - Kalyani Ghosh Para.

            c) Bus Route: Catch a BUS from "Citi Centre" (time - 5:15 AM) to
Kalyani. Bus Stop: Kalyani Ghosh Para - ITI More.

2. Kolkata:
           a)  Catch "Kalyani Simanta Local" from Sealdah and Reach "Kalyani
Ghosh Para" Station (Rs. 12). Duration: 1:30 to 2 hrs. There will be
Richshaw (Rs. 10-15) and VAN (Rs. 5) availiable from station to KGEC Campus.

           b)  There are bus service availiable from Esplanade (Kalyani
Express). Bus Stop: Kalyani Ghosh Para - ITI More.

           c) There are many locals availiable from Sealdah to "Kalyani
main" like Ranaghat local, Khrishnanagar local, Gede local, Shantipur local.
You will have to reach "Kalyani main" and catch an auto (Rs. 5) "ITI More -
Kalyani ghosh para". Then you can catch a Richshaw (Rs. 10-15) and VAN (Rs.
5) availiable from ITI-More to KGEC Campus).

Kalyani Simanta Time table from Sealdah:
4:12 AM, 5:35 AM, 6:30 AM, 7:25 AM, 8:30 AM, 9:20 AM, 11:20 AM, 12:25 PM,
2:40 PM, 3:25 PM, 4:50 PM, 6:12 PM, 7:10 PM, 8:10, PM, 10:05 PM.

for trains to "Kalyani main" there are many.

Request: If possibe, arrange for few "Fedora Electronics Lab" DVD's.
Electronics students are very interested.

Many Many thanks for your initiative and approval.

--
Rohit Gupta.
Event Co-ordinator

--
Rangeen Basu Roy Chowdhury

sherry151 at gmail.com

!!!Windows is "micro"-soft[ware]..I like bigger things!!!