[Ambassadors] what can I do in Iran?

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Wed Feb 18 22:25:29 UTC 2009

2009/2/18 Mostafa Daneshvar <mostafa.daneshvar at gmail.com>:

> Hello;
>  I newly joined this group. I am From Iran. I think my case is very
> special because I'm from an embargoed destination (Iran). Regarding
> these restrictions, could you tell me what kind of tasks can I do?
> I have some plans for Fedora in Iran. I'm waiting for your helps and
> comments.
>

>  Mostafa Daneshvar
> http://mostafadaneshvar.com

Hi Mostafa,

I have actually been pondering that over the past few days - after
seeing your blog post and the join notification from Joerg.
It strikes me that, regardless of our personal opinions on the matter
that this is a situation that honestly we need some guidance from
someone qualified to tell us what we can help you do. Please note that
differs rom what you do as an individual, but there may also be
implications of you acting on behalf of the Fedora project. For
instance, if you burn media that you download and distribute it as a
Fedora Ambassador is that Fedora doing the distributing or you as an
individual.

I said all of that to say I don't know - but we'll find out. We'll
ping RH-legal and ask their expert opinions, unfortunately that
probably means no immediate answer.