RES: [Ambassadors] inactive ambassadors, a proposed solution

Sven von Brand svbrand at alumnos.inf.utfsm.cl
Thu Feb 19 20:40:03 UTC 2009

Rodrigo Menezes wrote:
> Neville,
>
> In a country with few members, a near country could monitor their actions
> provide guidelines for they. As a worldwide program, the core doesn't know
> how local users in each country works, but near country does, or should do.

We have a situation like that here in Chile, but we are participating in
many events, and
this year we're part of the organization of the biggest Linux related
event in Chile,
Encuentro Linux, in this event there will be more than 5 Universities
participating and
also many communities, including the Debian's and Ubuntu's.

In 2008 event we represented Fedora, by giving a speech about Fedora, we
made T-Shirts
and gave DVD's to the public. We haven't participated here much, in part
because of the
work we're doing for the upcoming event.

So I also think each country should try to make a self cleaning, as some
Ambassadors don't
speek English well enough to actively participate in this list and other
projects, but are a great
contribution to their own country.

--
Sven von Brand