RES: [Ambassadors] inactive ambassadors, a proposed solution

Matias Maceira matiasmaceira at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 15:47:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

I read the comments.

I think the person who knows best if an ambassador is active
is the community leader of each country.

In Argentina I'm coordinating the Ambassadors and
we are focused on keep on growing as a community,
taking as a guide the fedora Brazil and Venezuela projects.

I think that every leader should have the autonomy to
decide the status of an ambassador and the ability to
remove him or set him as inactive, in every case supervised
by the regional leader.

We should stablish the parameters to decide the status
of an ambassador.

There are may ambassadors working on the project who
invests their time on local projects. Most of them have no
time to work actively on Ambassadors project, but they
do a lot of local (and important) work.
The problem here is that their work is only known by
their local leader, and they are inactive to the
Ambassadors's community eyes.

I believe that is our job as community managers to
stablish the difference between the active and
inactive ambassadors.

Yours.

Matias Maceira
Fedora Argentina Community Manager