[Ambassadors] FAmNA Meetings Revisited

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 15:10:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 6:21 AM, Pascal Calarco <pcalarco at nd.edu> wrote:
> Those who really want to make this a priority and have the time to do so
> will schedule around this to participate, and Clint has done a fabulous job
> this past year (with the participation of a core of others), which is a
> testament to their dedication to Fedora.  I think many of us in FAmNA can
> probably rearrange a Tuesday night now and again to participate as we are
> able.

I agree with this sentiment but there are always people who just can't
work around certain times. I would like people to not think of this
effort as a "vote" on a new time since I also agree it is critical to
not cut off those ambassadors who are consistently making big
contributions to our efforts. Periodically I would like us to make an
effort to accommodate more ambassadors if we can though. This seemed
like a good time to reconsider this since I think there is some
sentiment to move now to twice a month.

Let me get the ball rolling by suggesting a few options that perhaps
aren't well thought out but might get us started.

Option 1: 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 9pm eastern (whatever that ends in
UTC given DST adjustments) - sort of the abbreviated status quo.

Option 2: 1st Tuesday at 9pm eastern and 3rd Thursday at 9pm eastern.

Option 3: 1st Tuesday at 9pm eastern and 3rd Saturday or Sunday at 2pm
eastern - effort to allow others who have expressed interest in
attending meetings but don't currently reside in NA as well as others
who just don't have evenings free for this while avoiding intruding
into regular business hours.

Feel free to say which options are impossible for you or which would
be extremely unpleasant and offer others you feel would be better.

John