[Ambassadors] Fedora UK Community Website

JoergSimon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 15 19:19:37 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2009 10:58:34 schrieb Paul Mellors:
> I'm thinking of setting up a Fedora UK community website
> First of all, i don't want to duplicate peoples work so is there any
> thing like this currently?
> Have i posted this to the right mailing list? ;)  Am i wasting my time?
> Do i need anyones permission for starting things like this?  Sorry for
> all the questions i'm relatively new at this.

I have learned that in countries with language barriers, the work sometime has
to be done outside the Fedora infrastructure - till today i do not exactly
know all the reasons. The French and LATAM Fedora Communities are great/ideal
example´s how a very large community can live outside the Fedora
Infrastructure, but work inside the Fedora Project. It is simple, if it is
named after the FedoraProject it has to follow our Rules
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Conduct and the Trademark
Guidelines - See http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=1407
for this. The UK Community has no Language Barrier i would love to see the UK
Community contributing all this great How-to´s or whatever they produce
inside the Fedora-Infrastructure.

Regards Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688