[Ambassadors] Fedora Freemedia processing is now automated. Testing required. (please read.)

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:17:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 6:44 AM, susmit shannigrahi
<thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Included the Four regions APAC, LATAM, NA, EMEA in the drop down list.
> So when someone from non-listed countries want to request, he/she may
> choose the region.

I don't want to be annoying but I feel the regions are overlaping. The
drop box have North America, Latin America and South America. A
Mexican can be either North America or Latin America. This is upon
which geographical book you consult. And for a Colombian it may be
South America or Latin America. I will think it will be more helpful
just to have Latin America, as I is only one list (group) to check.

Then it may be dangerous to have "Other." As many  request may end up
there, and in a busy day I may skip checking those marked as "Other"

Another way to improve finding each one's tickets may be using the
country name that was written by the user, and include it to be part
of the summary. So it will possible to list by regions, and see the
country name within the region request. For example, I can see the
list grouped and under LATAM I can spot which tickets say Nicaragua.

I have seen a behaviour that I am not sure if it is a bug or not. If I
open a ticket and change its country. Like changing from latam to
other. It will change where it is grouped, but the summary will still
show the original subject (summary). You can check on ticket #30 as
example of this. This may result confusing.

I don't want to be annoying, I just wanted to give some ideas. Feel
free to discard them if they are not applicable.

Best regards

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217