[Ambassadors] FAmNA Meetings Revisited

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 17:56:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 8:10 AM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 6:21 AM, Pascal Calarco <pcalarco at nd.edu> wrote:
>> Those who really want to make this a priority and have the time to do so
>> will schedule around this to participate, and Clint has done a fabulous job
>> this past year (with the participation of a core of others), which is a
>> testament to their dedication to Fedora.  I think many of us in FAmNA can
>> probably rearrange a Tuesday night now and again to participate as we are
>> able.
>
> I agree with this sentiment but there are always people who just can't
> work around certain times. I would like people to not think of this
> effort as a "vote" on a new time since I also agree it is critical to
> not cut off those ambassadors who are consistently making big
> contributions to our efforts. Periodically I would like us to make an
> effort to accommodate more ambassadors if we can though. This seemed
> like a good time to reconsider this since I think there is some
> sentiment to move now to twice a month.

> Let me get the ball rolling by suggesting a few options that perhaps
> aren't well thought out but might get us started.
>
> Option 1: 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 9pm eastern (whatever that ends in
> UTC given DST adjustments) - sort of the abbreviated status quo.
>
> Option 2: 1st Tuesday at 9pm eastern and 3rd Thursday at 9pm eastern.

I concur with the above statement regarding the changes, and why I
suggested previously in my email that we do have meetings on one other
day.  Thursdays would be the least problematic for me, but I would
suggest one change.  We meet on the 2nd Tuesday and 4th Thursday (for
option 2).  I'm only being selfish on that request because it makes it
so I can attend *almost* every Thursday.

Cheers,

Clint