[Ambassadors] FAmNA Meeting Summary from 2009-01-07

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 06:21:51 UTC 2009

* Announcements

   - FAD in late January or early/mid February?

       https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2009-January/msg00017.html

     lcafiero filled everyone in on planning for a Fedora Activity Day at
     SCaLE pointing ambassadors to

       https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2009-January/msg00017.html

     Discussion of which groups to engage at SCaLE and LFNW FADs, package
     review was applauded by all as an excellent candidate.

* Montreal Linux Symposium

   - djf_jeff, an ambassador from Quebec, stopped by to discuss what Fedora
     can do at the Linux Symposium. Further investigation and discussion will
     follow to try to get a good Fedora presence at this event.

* FUDconF11

   - ianweller points all to "What you missed at FUDConF11" from ianweller.org

* FAmNA Meeting Schedule Revisited

   - Much discussion here, not much agreement on details. Here is what I
     think we did agree to do for now.

     (1) Finish out Q4 by meeting at the same time but on the 1st and 3rd
         Tuesday for the rest of January and February.

     (2) Continue getting feedback on f-a-l about alternative times when
         people who want to attend meetings and can't now could.

     (3) During Q1 we will try meeting at alternative times as a test
         drive to see how well they work if something reasonable for a
         time is proposed to us on f-a-l.

* Tasks [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA/Tasks]

   - Ambassador Kit task moved to complete post FUDcon.

* Open Floor

   - ke4qqq announced that we have begun the process for evaluating npo
     status or umbrella - SFLC has assigned us pro bono counsel.

     Discussion followed ...

   - ke4qqq announced that he pitched that OLPC should let FAMNA handle XO
     developer program (the way developers get XOs) and that we use that as
     a tool to rapidly increase OLPC contributor numbers.

     Discussion followed ...

   - jds2001 mentioned that he *might* be doing a presentation next
     Wednesday for ~50.

I would again like to thank all the participants, especially the new
ambassadors joining us for the first time tonight.