[Ambassadors] Fedora Ambassadors Welcome

JoergSimon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 14 08:10:10 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag, 13. Januar 2009 23:38:14 schrieb Christoph Wickert:
> Jörg, maybe this is something that should be mentioned in the 'Join'
> document? IMHO the ambassadors list is by far one of the worst lists at
> fpo regarding the violation of our guidelines.

Thanks Christoph you are right with your points. Every new applicant to
Ambassadors receives a personal Message with steps he has to fulfill to
become a Ambassador - and Step7 is, to read the ML Guidlines.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/MembershipService#Membership_Check_.28Draft.29

Time is valuable and wasting this time with reading full-quoted or private,
off-topic emails is annoying. We have decreased this kind of messages in the
past 6 month and with the help of the regional Mentors we will enlighten the
rest of the jesters. We are over 600 Ambassadors from all over the World and
i think there are only a few who violate the guidelines -  and mostly it´s
done with a clarification - "Don´t do it again". I put People only on
moderation if they are not willing to learn.
We are maybe not the most professionalised Mailing List but a very kind one -
and besides all the rules and bureaucracy we should keep this good spirit and
follow the ML Guidlines ;)

cu Joerg
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688