[Ambassadors] Fedora UK Community Website

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 15 17:03:32 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 15.01.2009, 12:24 +0100 schrieb Gerold:
> > Paul Mellors wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I'm thinking of setting up a Fedora UK community website [fedora-uk.org
> >> - nothing there at the moment]
> >
> > Permission would be needed for fedora in a name it's a legal tm,
> > check with advisory-boaerd list.
> >
> >  where all the UK fedora users, developers
> >> et al can get together, chat, exchange ideas use forums have their own
> >> planet etc etc
> >>
> >> First of all, i don't want to duplicate peoples work so is there any
> >> thing like this currently?  Is there a template available for something
> >> like drupal [or anything else] to keep it inline with all things fedora
> >> [their wiki etc]
> >>

> > I was going to do something similar for Ireland, but I believe at the
> > time there was a move on to try get country page up within the main
> > fedora effort. Open to correction on this.
> ^^
> Why something special? Why not being in the official Fedora Environment?

I guess for the same reasons we have a German community sites as well:
     1. Not all information can be published in the fpo wiki
     2. Not all contributors want to become part of fpo and sign the CLA
     3. Some folks want to be completely independent of fpo

I agree with you Gerold that we should try to move as much content to
fpo, but on the other hand I also understand everybody who is not able
or willing to do that.

> Regards
>
> Gerold

Regards,