[Ambassadors] Fedora UK Community Website

JoergSimon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 16 15:02:35 UTC 2009

Am Freitag, 16. Januar 2009 14:16:27 schrieb Mathieu Bridon (bochecha):
> Yes, if it can help people to get involved. Local community websites are
> more than a simple forum in a defined language ;)
> Now, here is my question, if he _wants to_ put his efforts in this, why
> would we prevent him to do so ?
> That's yet another barrier, preventing someone to contribute at his own
> level. I thought one of the goals of Fedora was the exact opposite...

Thanks Mathieu for giving your opinion. As i said in my first mail, the french
community is an ideal example how this can work. Fedora is this Group of
Friends for me, you have mentioned.

FedoraProject can offer certain subprojects and tools and we have
fedorahosted.org to enable everyone to start his own new project inside
Fedora.
Paul - when you feel it is good for the FedoraProject to start a local
community for the reasons Mathieu and Christoph pointed out, you should
consider
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Conduct
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/TrademarkGuidelines
and you are always free to ask the trademark owner for permission to start
your own Project named after Fedora.

CU
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688