[Ambassadors] Fedora EMEA e.V. 2008 financial report

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Sat Jan 17 18:50:25 UTC 2009

Fedora EMEA e.V. is a non-profit organization based in Germany.  It was
founded in February of 2008 by a group of Fedora Ambassadors.

In *my* opinion, the main purpose of the organization is to serve as a
tool for Red Hat (or possibly other companies someday) to sponsor the
activities of the Fedora Project in EMEA.

===

Much like the Fedora Project itself, which believes in financial
transparency (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Accounting), Fedora EMEA
e.V. adopts the same principals.

As the treasurer, I want to bring everyone's attention to the final
summary of Fedora EMEA e.V.'s 2008 expenses.  It shows the
organizations's sources of revenue as well as expenses in the calendar
year.

http://fedoraemea.org/finances2008.shtml

I would also like to publicly thank Jeroen van Meeuwen for his
OpenOffice.org spreadsheet hacking skills which added a very impressive
layer of automated calculations to our finances.

--Max