[Ambassadors] Event Report: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts.

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Mon Jan 19 00:02:29 UTC 2009

Aaron Ruscetta invited me to come talk about Fedora and specifically
Fedora 10 at the Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts January meeting. this past
Thursday was that meeting and was held at Emory's School of Law.
Around 35-45 people showed up. I tried to avoid using a canned
presentation and instead talk about what people were interested in. I
did show off Fedora 10 and tossed up a list of the new features which
brought a number of questions. I also talked about OLPC and Sugar
Labs. This seemed to generate a lot of excitement particularly now
that getting involved with OLPC development is as easy as getting
involved with Fedora. I stopped the 'presentation' after 90 minutes,
and stayed around for about another hour or so answering questions one
on one. I also handed out LiveCDs (the debut of F10 LiveCDs outside of
FUDcon) which seemed to be a big hit.