[Ambassadors] Fedora Freemedia processing is now automated. Testing required. (please read.)

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 19:31:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 11:30 AM, susmit shannigrahi
<thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:
> This will be hard...TRAC executes standard sql query, so if someone
> Types country as 'India' and someone else as INDIA, they will be
> listed under two different countries.
> Let me see what can be done.

I am not a technical person but I think that a search for India +
INDIA + inida may yield results and if somebody type iNDIA should be
left out. Other idea is to convert India and inida to INIDIA, so will
be uniform and it is quite acceptable for address labelling. I always
use upper cases for country names on address labels.

But I think that it will possible to start with something easier.
Leave the country (from the pull down) to be the way to group tickets.
Use country (4th field from address) to be part of title of the ticket
(aka summary). This way when I look for tickets I will have a LATAM
group of tickets and I have to look just for Nicaragua within that
group. As long as the country name is on the ticket title, I can use
the browser search to locate the tickets that I want to fulfil.

I agree with Clint Savage, LATAM should suffice our needs.

I will come again to suggest that you cross-out others. It will be the
target of embargoed destination countries, and anybody that is not
that use others will have less attention. As I wrote before, on a busy
day I may skip looking at others.

best regards

--
Neville