Re: [Ambassadors] Thoughts Regarding Campus Ambassador Program

2009/1/21 Alejandro Acosta <aacosta fedoraproject org>
I believe this is a great project and it is very important to start it as soon as possible since we have a lot of potential and talented people in university willing to participate.

I've had some opportunities to work with this young people and I've witnessed some local projects been achieved. In the University of Chihuahua (my hometown) there is already an Open Source University Meetup [1] lead by a Sun Campus Ambassador.  This doesn't mean that the field is already taken but it just mean to express how good the chances to succed are.

I think is important to have -provide- a more social-driven tool to interact since the target audience in Universities is a little more diversified thus complex. The link provided may serve as a good example or maybe something like this[2]

It doesn't look clear to me what will be the interaction/relation with local ambassadors (where exist) and if it should be expressed in the "What is required of Campus Ambassadors?" part.

Just one last thought, perhaps we should find a way to enforce the part of what do they get just in case someone is expecting this is a regular (paid) job. The Sun CA's get paid, but that's another ballgame.  Just an idea, I don't really think of something better at this moment.

Hope this could help

Greetings

Alejandro Acosta
Fedora Ambassador / Chihuahua, MX