[Ambassadors] Event Report: BarCamp Charlotte

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Sun Jan 25 00:08:19 UTC 2009

BarCamp Charlotte was today and Fedora was a sponsor of the event.
Leam Hall, Greg DeKoenigsberg, and Alex Maier also showed up. In all
three talks were pitched, and from those Alex's 'How to not suck at
managing volunteers' and Greg's talk on OLPC were handled first before
lunch.
The event itself seemed a bit chaotic, but since was their first
BarCamp I suppose it is to be expected. The venue, Area 15, was
exceedingly chilly inside, but had lots of space, even if it was
disjointed.
Around 100 people showed up for the event, with a large percentage of
them being 'social media' types. There were also two 'How to make
money online' sessions that honestly were almost creepy.
Both Greg and Alex has good sessions with lots of interaction from the
attendees.
Around 2pm we broke for lunch, and after seeing no further compelling
sessions we left around 4pm.