Re: [Ambassadors] Freemedia + Unity Re-Spins, Thoughts?

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Frank Murphy
<frankly3d fedoraproject org> wrote:
> inode0 wrote:
>>

>> I don't see any reason that they can't just be another option those
>> requesting media can choose, and those fulfilling requests can accept
>> or not as they choose. If they want the official media they request
>> it, if they would rather have a re-spin they request that.
>>
>> Why would someone want both?
>>

> The reason I stated both, is that at the moment:
> 1:Currently the FedoraProject stands over the Official Media,
> not the re-spins, that may change hopefully.
>
> 2: They will in all likelyhood, get the Official to install,
> 2b: if not they will get all the hints etc via various outlets.
> 2c: If they fail on Unity-respins, would it be all thrown back
> there to help?  Which could\may overwhelm them (Unity-Volunteers).
> Which imho would suck.

Yeah, ok. How well tested re-spins are before they get pushed is the
one reasonable argument I've heard against this. I'm not saying they
aren't well tested, but I don't really know how well tested they are.
Are there many people in general who have issues with the re-spins not
working on their hardware?

John