[Ambassadors] Fedora

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 30 19:46:26 UTC 2009

Dear Ambassadors,

right now some so called FOSS events appear with a target audience which is
more focused for government agencies and bussines. To have Speakers at that
events could be a great chance for Fedora to attract them for sponsoring or
contribution. Here are some points i have made already in a discussion with a
small group of people before. Francesco suggested to invite all Ambassadors to
participate in this discussion.

There are several topics that we could place to attract government agencies
and business, i am sure they will not know about that right now - and i hope
that we find more here on that list - or like Francesco suggested collect in a
WikiPage.

- Company & Inhouse Builds! - a company who build software as FOSS or modify
FOSS for their own Enterprise Servers can use the benefit of Fedora Processes
and Infrastructure as well as the wide spreading of our Distribution with
contributing to Fedora + EPEL - this is good for the company and for Fedora.
This could be enhanced by a technical Track, to show them how they can package
and spread their Software within own Fedora Spins ...

- Community Consulting! - show them the brilliance of our technology with
spacewalk, cobbler, func, puppet, FDS, KVM, FEL, our OLPC Success...  Talk
about the possibility that a Fedora Contributor teaches a company for a
donation to the Fedora Project technicaly to see what the future will bring
and to use that knowledge for their enterprise enviroments because this
Enterprise Servers are build from our roots (or whatever) ...

- Build a FOSS Career! - show the government why they should support using and
teaching of FOSS in educational institutions
Show them success stories we have learned from Kushal or Chitlesh or Rodrigo
or Paul - show the bussines why they should hire FOSS Contributors (peer
certification,  ...) - show the bussines why they should sponsor local FOSS
Communities ... - show them how to become a FOSS Contributor inside Fedora.
Imagine a government which decides that kids in school get teached leading
edge software without licencing cost and with the possibility to enhance and
change that. Imagine a Fedora Artwork Contest in all Schools of your Country

We can enrich Events with valuable content and give them real FOSS
Partnership Spirit.

CU Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688