Re: [Ambassadors] Freemedia + Unity Re-Spins, Thoughts?

inode0 wrote:
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Frank Murphy
<frankly3d fedoraproject org> wrote:
inode0 wrote:

I don't see any reason that they can't just be another option those
requesting media can choose, and those fulfilling requests can accept
or not as they choose. If they want the official media they request
it, if they would rather have a re-spin they request that.

Why would someone want both?

The reason I stated both, is that at the moment:
1:Currently the FedoraProject stands over the Official Media,
not the re-spins, that may change hopefully.

2: They will in all likelyhood, get the Official to install,
2b: if not they will get all the hints etc via various outlets.
2c: If they fail on Unity-respins, would it be all thrown back
there to help?  Which could\may overwhelm them (Unity-Volunteers).
Which imho would suck.

Yeah, ok. How well tested re-spins are before they get pushed is the
one reasonable argument I've heard against this. I'm not saying they
aren't well tested, but I don't really know how well tested they are.
Are there many people in general who have issues with the re-spins not
working on their hardware?

For the record, the Fedora Unity Re-Spins are very well tested; We use the same test cases as Fedora QA does for a given release, and often add additional tests for things we think may have been fixed in the various applications related to the installation procedures, and even fix those ourselves if need be.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip