[Ambassadors] FAD EMEA 2009 in Rheinfelden

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 2 07:49:25 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 02.07.2009, 08:32 +0200 schrieb Gerold:
> > Christoph Wickert wrote:
> >> If this FAD is meant to be the event for all ambassadors in EMEA, it
> >> should take place elsewhere.
> >
> > +1, I won't attend it.
> >
> also here my +1 :-P
>

> Hi Sandro,
>
> if you haven't or will own an event in 2010,

I surely will have an event in 2010 and probably I will even own (a
small) one. So coming to Rheinfelden is a duty for me?

> if you need no budget, if you
> don't want to meet "friends" near to you,

Near you??? Rheinfelden is near yours (it's Gerold's home town for those
who didn't know), but it's far away from my place. This is why I think
that the ambassadors days should rotate.

> if you don't want to bring your
> thoughts into face-to-face discussion, ...
> ... then I totally agree with you, staying at home.
>
> And yes, once again: FAD can be done by everyone (and to be honest: should
> be done by everyone).

According to FAS we have 26 ambassadors at Germany. Should they all
announce a FAD? Come on, be serious! We cannot have 26 FADs in Germany
within a year.

The truth is: The number of FADs per year is limited. Financial
resources are limited and so are the topics on the agenda [1]. We cannot
have a FAD that decides to do a set of events in 2010 while other
ambassadors at another FAD decide to do completely different ones.

And because the FAD is unique for a country/region and a
year/term/quarter it should rotate, so that all (interested) ambassadors
can attend and participate in decision-making.

>  And btw. it is not a must to attend, it's a event
> for friends, for active ambassadors willing to bring the FEDORA forward
> and use "the space for improvement" ...

Even if I do not attend I consider myself an active ambassador.

Regards,
Christoph

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD/FADEMEA2009#Agenda_.28Draft.29