[Ambassadors] Announcing the openSUSE Ambassadors Program

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 14:22:42 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:29:25AM -0700, Larry Cafiero wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 7:46 AM, John Babich
>

>     Likewise, this is a good sign of further maturity for the OpenSUSE project.
>     When any FOSS project succeeds, we all benefit.
>

> Could not have said that better myself, John.

Indeed, this is a sign of the maturity of our Ambassadors program.
I'd be curious to see how openSUSE later incorporates what we're
working on now in other areas, like Ambassador mentorship (Joerg
Simon's work with FAmSCo comes to mind).  As a vanguard, Fedora should
always be looking ahead to how we can improve our project and
processes, and that should naturally include looking at other
project's refinements of our innovations.  My hope is that we will
continue to lead in this space, though, and further innovate in the
way we build communities worldwide.