[Ambassadors] Using Social network/tools to promote events

Aditya Patawari adimania at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 17:07:35 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 12:02 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 03:09:54PM +0200, Francesco Ugolini wrote:
> > Take a look at: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_social_networks
> >
> > According to that page, Fedora project has its own spaces in the main
> > social networks.
> >
> > Why don't use (fill) these spaces with events we cover (invites and
> reports)?
>
> Your points are good ones, Francesco.  I'd like to suggest that this
> work be done n coordination with the Marketing team.  Further, I'd
> like to suggest that as much as possible we try to use existing
> networks, groups, and channels that have large numbers of subscribers
> already, if the event listings target the whole Fedora Project.
>
> I frequently receive email from people asking if they should create
> *new* groups on existing networks.  I think this is justified if the
> new group will be language or locality specific.  The new local group
> should always have information available for people to find and join
> the larger, global groups.  Also, they should have information for
> people to find and join the Fedora Project itself, and encourage
> people to get involved beyond their locality where possible.

+1
Francesco's idea is great. I would like to suggest that we divide
responsibility i.e. we let one or two ambassador handle a particular
network. We can further have country/region specific threads running on it.
which can further managed by country/region specific ambassador. We should
further try our best to avoid creating multiple spaces or threads of same
country/region as it will only lead to confusion and mismanagement.
--
Aditya Patawari
http://blog.adityapatawari.com/