[Ambassadors] JBoss on Fedora

Carlos (casep) Sepulveda casep at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 6 16:30:34 UTC 2009

2009/7/6 Frederic Hornain <fhornain at gmail.com>:
> Dear *,
>
> Do you know if it exist arguments, documentations or presentations which
> explains the advantages to use JBoss on Fedora in comparison to other
> distributions ?
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi:
Even loving Fedora I think that it's not the best choice to run JBoss.
Not for any technical reason (I remember using it without any problem)
but for an administrative problem. In about a year or less the machine
will running out of support/updates (2 * 6 month life cycle) so you
are going to need to migrate. Also, I've no numbers to support this,
but I think that the kernel for Fedora is changing more often than the
kernel for RedHat/CentOS so you should restart the machine more often
which is not a good idea in a server.
That's why I always recommend Fedora for desktop but for servers you
should use RedHat or CentOS.

Regards
--
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"