[Ambassadors] Ambassadors map is now online.

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 13 14:30:00 UTC 2009

> I just think why don't we put the exact location instead of country name on
> Fedora ambassadors map. My current latitude/longitude is set to Petaling
> Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Because mapping the coordinates to a location is hard, unless you have
a gigantic table listing each city in the world and the geographic
area it covers, so that you can find in which geographic area the
marker is.

The country is actually extracted from another field in your FAS
account, so a simple solution would be to add a new field to specify
the city, another field for the region, another field for......

Or, you can zoom in the map and look at the city name :)