[Ambassadors] Campus Ambassadors for Malaysia

Izhar Firdaus kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 17:24:47 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have several questions regarding campus ambassador programme which
we currently have online at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Campus_Ambassadors. A local college
asking me about it , and how they can get their students to be
involved.

1) Do we have any defined guideline on how an Ambassador should
manage/guide Campus Ambassadors? What we should do, etc.? As colleges
and students might expect some sort of clear information on what their
students and the college itself can benefit out of it, outline of the
programme, etc.

2) Regarding some of benefits for the Campus Ambassadors:

# Stipends for running an event (pizza, soda, etc.)
# Schwag to give out at events and a cool exclusive Campus Ambassadors, t-shirt
# Earn a trip to FUDCon!!!

These 3 benefits involves money (especially the final one). Malaysia
ambassadors have been moving mainly on our own cost for the past 2
years, so we might need more support in term of ease to acquire swags
/ stipends if we want to start supporting Campus Ambassador program
for local colleges and students. As for "Earn a trip to FUDCon", are
there any particular requirement before a particular Campus Ambassador
is eligible for it?

Any Singapore ambassadors around? What else can we request from
RH-APAC besides CDs and whats the limit per request?

(talking to an OpenSuSE ambassador here, apparently they can just drop
by at Novell Malaysia office and grab some swags - tux and geeko
dolls, keychains, mousepad - and max 120 SuSE evalutaion / OpenSuSE
CDs  directly there, just need to sign off some papers)

Thats all for now,

Thanks

--
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail