[Ambassadors] Conference for Enrique Díaz de Leon's University @ Guadalajara

Renich Bon Ciric renich at woralelandia.com
Sun Jul 5 18:31:10 UTC 2009

Hey, Fedorans!

I had the opportunity to give a conference, as a Fedora Ambassador, to
a local University (Guadalajara, Jalisco, México), called "Enrique
Díaz de León". The conference was to their first generation of
software engeneering; they're 2nd semester so far.

They're learning C and C++ as main languages there. The career
director (that's what we call the teacher in charge of the whole
major) is very interested in GNU & Linux and knows nothing about it.

They gave me short notice and I didn't have the time to request for
advice and/or material. I'll attach the presentation I gave in hopes
that you can see it right. I screwed up and didn't realize that drag &
drop doesn't "attach" the images to a presentation so, as soon as I
deleted the screenshots, I lost them in the presentation... but I
managed to export a PDF before that.

I'll include both for this reason.

I'd like to say that I made it perfectly clear that I'm a fedora
ambassador and that I would be presenting stuff around our distro...
but, with an ecumenical sense of duty, I presented some other options
and recommended that they should try everything and not just ubuntu
(as mexico always does) and, obviously, while joking a bit, always
said that ubuntu was crap and fedora was the best there was by
pointing out our strengths and qualities.

Anyway, they loved it and they would like to assist to our LUG
(LinuxCabal) and take courses and participate.

I also told them that they should participate in the global Community;
that they'd learn a lot more (the hard way) about software development
and good practices.

Oh well, this was a long email. Just wanted to tell you guys what I
was doing. Feel free to recommend stuff and re-use everything you can.

# Attachments
http://downloads.woralelandia.com/presentaciones/20090702 - GNU &
Linux en tu vida.odp
http://downloads.woralelandia.com/presentaciones/20090702 - GNU &
Linux en tu vida.pdf

--
It's hard to be free... but I love to struggle!
Renich Bon Ciric

http://www.woralelandia.com/
http://www.introbella.com/